Haverford Heritage Trail
Directions from Previous Site: Continue on Cherry Lane, make right onto Merwood Lane, cross Hathaway and busway, then continue around sweeping right bend, then sweeping left bend, continuing onto Golf View Road to its end at Ardmore Avenue. Turn right on Ardmore Avenue and cross bridge to first house on left.
Physical Address: 530 Ardmore Avenue, Ardmore PA
GPS Coordinates: 40.00078, -75.30919
Arcadia Book Page: 9
Description and History: This was the homestead of Morris and Ann Llewellyn, early Welsh Quaker settlers of Haverford. Llewellyn purchased land from William Penn in 1681, and they arrived in 1683. It is named Castle Bith after their birthplace in Pembrokeshire, Wales. The oldest part of the present house, the section with the roofed entryway, contains a chimney datestone which reads “1693.” The acreage of the original large property was sold off and subdivided over the years, but the house remained in the Llewellyn family until at least 1913. The side and rear additions date back to 1924.