Haverford Heritage Trail
Directions from Previous Site: Proceed up Bon Air Terrace to Central Avenue, continue across onto Bon Air Road, turn left onto Grand Avenue, continue to end at South Manoa Road. Building is across the street, one house to the left.
Physical Address: 404 South Manoa Road, Havertown PA
GPS Coordinates: 39.96787, -75.32314
Parking: On street
Arcadia Book Page: 42, 124
Description and History: The Bethesda Methodist Church was the first Methodist Episcopal church in Haverford Township, built in Gothic Revival style in 1832. It and its associated cemetery were located on land donated by Mrs. Lydia Delaney, who is buried there. The driveway lane was donated by William Bittle and John Leedom. The congregation eventually outgrew the building and in 1942 relocated to a new building at Eagle and Steel roads as the Ebenezer Methodist Church. The old building then became a “Fellowship Lodge” of the International Order of Odd Fellows.