Haverford Heritage Trail
Directions from Previous Site: Follow the path along the railway to Mill Road, then turn left on Mill to second house on right side.
Physical Address: 570 Mill Road, Havertown PA
GPS Coordinates: 39.98744, -75.29335
Parking: On street farther up Mill Road
Arcadia Book Page: 17, 45
Description and History: The main section (with porch) of this fieldstone house was built about 1750 (left half) and 1800 (right half). It was occupied by the Leedom family and subsequent operators of the sawmill on Cobbs Creek. George Dickinson bought the mills in 1879 and the road down to them became known as Dickinson Mill Road, now shortened to Mill Road. The earliest part of this house is actually the smaller two-story stone section (center of photo, with red roof) just to the left of the main section. It dates back to about 1725 and retains much of its original hardware and pegged carpentry. A deep well, large barn, corncrib and other outbuildings also existed on this large farmstead site.